SQP Simple Quality Protects scheme
Want to prove that your organisation or group is a ‘safe’ organisation to work with children or young people? Want to be ‘contract ready’ and in a position to go for more funding and grants?
We can support your group to go through a Quality Assurance scheme specific to Brighton & Hove called Simple Quality Protects (SQP) – it is simple, easy to follow and is supported every step of the way by our Development Officer, Lisa Matthew. You can work towards a Bronze, Silver or Gold award for your organisation’s safeguarding practices and policies & procedures. Where there are gaps Lisa can support you to develop good, working policies so that you can build a solid, high standard portfolio to use for building your activities, winning commissions and contracts and being eligible for funding.
Read more about SQP and listen to views from small groups and commissioners
Contact email@example.com for further information or call 01273 420973
What we’ve found
From meeting regularly with groups signed up to the scheme they’ve told us that they are experiencing the following benefits:
- Ability to create a solid staff & volunteer induction list
- Clarity about who needs a DBS and why
- Being able to verify the safety of their work to other members of the community
- A better understanding of Risk Assessments
- Being able to show their safe practices to funders and partners
- Improved organisation of policies – “They are now all in one place”
- Having the support to change and develop policies
- Feeling relieved that they are doing everything ‘right’
- Having the opportunity to help us to create new training courses