How to Apply
The recruiting organisation should put in place practical actions before recruitment, during recruitment and at employment contract stage at the same time as applying for DBS Disclosure.
This includes deciding the Levels of Disclosure required.
- The organisation to sign an agreement to abide by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Code of Practice.
- Safety Net will send application forms and Document Checklist for the applicants to complete.
- The completed application form, together with the original documents to prove identity, should be shown to an evidence checker
- The lead person will send the completed application form, the signed document checklist and photocopies of all documents seen to Safety Net.
- The completed applications will be checked and countersigned at Safety Net before being sent to the DBS for processing.
- An invoice will be sent to the recruiting organisation for the DBS Disclosure and administration fees.
- The DBS will validate the identity of the applicant and access government and police records to produce the Disclosure certificate.
- The CRB will send a Disclosure certificate to the applicant direct. A copy of the certificate will also be sent by the DBS to Safety Net
- Safety Net can forward to your organisation the Disclosure certificate received direct to this office. Alternatively, Safety Net will retain a copy of the Disclosure certificate (please indicate preference on agreement form at end of pack) and will inform the recruiting organisation of the following:
- The reference number of the Disclosure for their records
- The date of the Disclosure
It must not be recorded on a personnel file that a Disclosure certificate was clear or had positive information
Safety Net reserves the right to withdraw the service to organisations when it is not satisfied the organisation complies with the DBS Code of Conduct
Full information is available within our Safety Net DBS Disclosure Information Pack
Contact Liz at Safety Net’s DBS Disclosure Service or call 01273 414981