How to Apply
The recruiting organisation should put in place practical actions before recruitment, during recruitment and at employment contract stage at the same time as applying for DBS Disclosure. For comprehensive information on all aspects of Safer Recruitment download Our Decision from Safe Network.
What kind of check do i need? Click here for information.
Process for organisations using the Safety Net DBS service:
- The organisation to sign an agreement to abide by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Code of Practice. (Please note: Although the code of practice document has not been rebranded by the DBS with the logo or new terminology, organisations who receive certificate information from the DBS should still comply with the obligations set out in the document.)
- Safety Net will send application forms and Document Checklist for the applicants to complete.
- The completed application form, together with the original documents to prove identity, should be shown to an evidence checker
- The lead person will send the completed application form and payment fee, the signed document checklist and photocopies of all documents seen to Safety Net.
- The completed applications will be checked and countersigned at Safety Net before being sent to the DBS for processing..
- The DBS will validate the identity of the applicant and access government and police records to produce the Disclosure certificate.
- The DBS will send a Disclosure certificate to the applicant direct. The applicant shows the certificate to the recruiting organisation.
Details of disclosures must not be recorded on a personnel file. The certificate number and date issued only can be recorded. Guidance to Deal with Positive Information Glossary of terms Full information is available within our Safety Net DBS Disclosure Information Pack Further guidance is available from the DBS e-guide Contact Liz at Safety Net’s DBS Disclosure Service or call 01273 414981