Groups & Workshops for Parents/Families
A chance to get together with others, share ideas, learn new skills, gain confidence & make friends.
Often run in schools, in partnership with school staff and can be adapted to suit the needs of the group
Managing Children’s behaviour – common problems and practical strategies, steps towards building more positive family relationships.
- Fighting and aggression – children’s squabbling and constant fighting ? Come and learn practical strategies to increase cooperation and manage angry outbursts.
- Managing Stressful Situations – this workshop covers many parenting strategies to you can adapt to address your stressful times, help to plan ahead and take some of the stress out of being a parent.
- Sleep and routines – how much sleep do children need and what gets in the way sleeping ? Information and practical strategies to help all the family get good night s sleep.
- Raising resilient children – What does resilience mean ? In this workshop we focus on key skills to increase resilience – managing feelings, increasing optimism and contentment, problem solving and developing coping skills
- Transitions to independence: Supports parents in getting children ready to make a positive move to secondary school. Information, ideas, preparing for the teenage years, building links with other parents and young people. (Children can attend parallel workshop SNAP )
- Feeling Good Feeling Safe: 6 week course. A protective behaviours approach building confidence, resilience, keeping safe & developing networks of support.
- Triple P – Positive Parenting Programme: talks, workshops and courses. For more information go to Triple P or call 01273 411613
For parents and children together:
- Family SEAL 6 week course. Social and emotional learning run in partnership with school
- FAST Families and Schools Together programme.
- Family Art/Craft/ Cooking: Using practical activities to have fun, learn skills, spend quality time together & make friends in supportive atmosphere – for parents and children together.
- Feeling Good Feeling Safe: 6 week course or 3 holiday sessions. – building confidence, resilience, keeping safe & developing networks of support using a protective behaviours approach.
Please ring us for dates of upcoming groups on 01273 419725 or 01273 411613
For Children and Young People
- SNAP Safety Net Assertiveness Groups for children