Groups & Workshops for Parents/Families
A chance to get together with others, share ideas, learn new skills, gain confidence & make friends.
Family Link offers one off workshops on particular issues such as building resilience, or healthy eating, as well as structured evidenced based training programmes over several weeks. Parents and family members get a lot out of these experiences, learning new skills, sharing ideas with each other and building supportive relationships. They usually run in schools, some run in partnership with school staff, and can be adapted to suit the needs of the group
- Ready for Secondary: 5 week course. Supports parents in supporting their children to make a positive move to secondary school. Information, ideas, preparing for the teenage years, build links with other parents and young people. This is often run in alongside SNAP – Assertiveness for Children and Young People.
- Feeling Good Feeling Safe: 5 week course. A protective behaviours approach building confidence, resilience, keeping safe & developing networks of support.
- Triple P – Positive Parenting Programme: talks and courses. For more information go to Triple P or call 01273 411613
- Building resilience: Workshop for parents
- Settling into School: Workshop for parents settling a child into primary school
For parents and children together:
- Family SEAL 6 week course. Social and emotional learning run in partnership with school
- FAST Families and Schools Together programme.
- Family Art & Family Cooking: Using practical activities to have fun, learn skills, spend quality time together & make friends in supportive atmosphere – for parents and children together.
- Dads Aloud: Helping fathers build relationships children, school and each other
- SNAP for parents; Peer support group for parents of children who attend SNAP assertiveness groups.
Please go to our Training Brochure for more details and ring us for dates of upcoming groups on 01273 419725 or 01273 420973
For Children and Young People
- SNAP Safety Net Assertiveness Groups for children