The work that we do is based around the principles of Protective Behaviours, a safety awareness and resilience building programme which helps children and adults to recognise any situation where they feel worried or unsafe. We provide services and support in the following areas:
For Children and Young People
We work with children and young people of primary and secondary school ages (8 – 16) within the school environment. Use the links below to find out more about the different types of support available:
• Safety Net Assertiveness Programme (SNAP)
• Safety Net Assertiveness Programme – Intensive Targeted Support (SNAP-ITS)
• Holiday and activities programme
• Transition support (primary to secondary)
• Safety awareness workshops (Safety Rocks)
• Personal safety sessions
• Online safety
• Playground buddy schemes
• Peer mediation
• Children’s Advisory Group
• Feeling Good Feeling Safe programme for Schools
We work in partnership with families and schools to offer a respectful, confidential and flexible service tailored to individual families’ needs. This service is available to families with a child or children at a participating schools in Brighton and Hove.
Safety Net has been providing child safety training, advice and guidance in Brighton since 1995. We provide a comprehensive selection of courses, workshops and support for organisations working with children, and young people. We also provide assistance with safer recruitment as a DBS Umbrella Checking Service.