Safety Net can help you keep children safe online by running online safety sessions for parents, professionals
and young people (in schools and other settings).
Children & Young People Session (From Key Stage 1 to 16+):
- Assemblies, class groups or small group work
- The session includes scenarios, videos and what to do if something goes wrong online
Parent Session covers:
- Bringing families together to explore the advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Discussion about screen time and parenting tips for when technology is “getting in the way”
- Technology is contagious – are you being a positive role model?
- Signposting to useful websites
Professional Session covers:
- Ofsted requirements
- Managing your online reputation and maintaining professional standards
- Cyber bullying
- Information on latest trends for young people online
Useful websites for parents:
Thinkuknow The place to start. www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents
Vodafone Digital Parenting Guide Sign up for e-newsletters http://www.vodafone.com/content/parents.html
Common Sense Reviews of games, apps and films by parents and children http://www.commonsensemedia.org/
Family Lives Get advice and support whenever you need it. Online mentor available http://www.familylives.org.uk
Childline Your child can contact ChildLine anytime. Online counsellor available 24 hours a day. www.childline.org.uk
Internet Matters Working with online safety experts, with guides to help you set parental controls. www.internetmatters.org
Contact the training team on email@example.com or 01273 420973 for details of our upcoming sessions, or to arrange for our dedicated Online Safety trainer to develop a bespoke session for you.