- Individuals and those who are self-employed cannot apply directly to the DBS for a check. You can only apply for a DBS if you are a group or organisation. https://www.gov.uk/dbs-check-applicant-criminal-record
- A DBS certificate will be requested as part of an organisation’s pre-recruitment checks following an offer of employment, including voluntary roles and applications for specific licences.
- For advice and guidance on applying for a DBS certificate via your organisation see the steps below, or contact Anne Stafford on 01273 414981 with any questions.
Call the DBS support line 01273 414981 or email email@example.com to discuss your organisation’s specific requirements
Return the Agreement for Lead Person and Evidence Checker contact details
Appoint an in-house evidence checker for your organisation to verify ID and application forms OR make an appointment for the applicant to come to our office to verify their ID and application in person. Please read the DBS ID Checklist 2019 to assist you.
Return the application form, copies of ID and proof of address to Safety Net to be countersigned and forwarded to the DBS.
Disclosure fees charged by the DBS are:
- Enhanced Disclosure – £44
- Standard Disclosure – £26
- ISA Adult First – £6
- Volunteers – Free
In addition to the DBS fees Safety Net makes an administration charge:
- Not-for-profit and public sector: £27 per application
- Profit-making organisations: £37 per application
The DBS charge plus our administration fee is due for each application.
Payment must be made when each application is submitted or by invoice (with prior approval from Safety Net’s Finance Department).
Cash can only be accepted with applications delivered by hand.
Payment accepted by cheque or bank transfer to: Safety Net, CAF Bank, A/c No. 00021127, Sort Code: 40-52-40