A chance to get together with other parents, share ideas, learn new skills, gain confidence and make friends.
We run the following workshops in schools and community venues and can tailor these to suit the needs of the group. Please contact us for pricing and details.
Current offer of workshops for parents:
- Managing children’s behaviour: Dealing with common problems and identifying practical strategies and steps towards building more positive family relationships.
- Fighting and aggression: Children constantly fighting? Come and learn practical strategies to increase cooperation and manage angry outbursts.
- Managing stressful situations: This workshop covers a range of parenting strategies to help you manage difficult times and take some of the stress out of being a parent.
- Sleep and routines: How much sleep do children need and what gets in the way? Information and practical strategies to help all the family get a good nights sleep.
- Raising resilient children: In this workshop we focus on key skills to increase resilience: including learning how to manage feelings, increase optimism and contentment, develop problem solving and coping skills.
- Transitions to independence: Supports parents in preparing for the teenage years and getting children ready to make a positive move to secondary school. (Children can also attend a SNAP workshop )
- Feeling Good Feeling Safe: A six week course learning the Protective Behaviours approach to help you and your family to build confidence and feel safe.
For parents and children together:
- Family SEAL: A six week course looking at social and emotional learning run in partnership with schools.
- Family art,craft and cooking: Using practical activities to have fun, learn skills, spend quality time together and make friends in a supportive environment.
- Feeling Good Feeling Safe: A six week term time course or three holiday sessions learning how to build confidence and resilience, new skills for keeping safe and developing a network of support using the Protective Behaviours approach.
Find out more
If you are a school and would like to book a workshop session for your parents or for more information please contact The Children’s and Families Team on 01273 419725.