Date and Time
- 21st April, 2020
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course is suitable for all managers or senior members of staff who, as part of their role, have responsibility for both supervision of staff and safeguarding children.
This whole day programme is designed to support effective supervision to promote safe practice in a children’s service or organisation, in line with the organisation’s supervision policy. There will be opportunities to build on existing skills and deepen understanding alongside participants from other professional backgrounds.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Identify the link between supervision and safeguarding children
- Understand the four key functions of supervision
- Understand the possible impact of working with a high level of risk on frontline staff
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the supervisor and supervisee
- Recognise the importance of supervision for managing risk and providing evidence based judgement
- Recognise the link between the role of supervision and ensuring positive outcomes for children
- Identify issues that need to be addressed in order to effectively implement a supervision policy and manage performance
This course is also available as a bespoke course designed for the needs of your particular organisation. Contact our training team on 01273 420973 or email email@example.com to find out more.
Refreshments will be available throughout the day, please note that lunch will not be provided.
If you have any questions please contact the training team on 01273 420973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All course places will be invoiced within 14 days of booking. Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date, or before the course takes place.
Attendee cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com
Places cancelled more than 4 weeks before the course start date will receive a full refund, those cancelled between 2 and 4 weeks will receive 50% refund. Places cancelled with less than two weeks notice will not be refunded, every attempt will be made to transfer the place to another course on a different date.
Cancellation by Safety Net
Safety Net reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course in the event of there being insufficient bookings to make it viable to run the session. In the event of a cancellation or postponement we will endeavour to inform all participants a minimum of a week before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees will be reimbursed in full, or if you prefer the payment will be transferred in full to another Safety Net course on a different date. Safety Net shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and will have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred such as transport, accommodation etc.