High Contrast

Safeguarding support and guidance

Organisations and community groups who work with children and young people need to consider a number of factors to safeguard the children in their care, and ensure safe working for staff and volunteers. These include:
• Safeguarding and Child Protection training for the organisation
• DBS (formerly CRB) checks for staff and volunteers
• Clear policies and procedures which are regularly reviewed

We can help you with child protection training, support in developing your policies and procedures, and equipping Designated Safeguarding Leads with the skills they need to meet safeguarding requirements. Click here to find out more about the training courses and workshops we offer, either to individuals or as bespoke training for your organisation at your own premises.

Safety Net is a registered Umbrella body for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Checks. We can support your group with the DBS application process, and give advice about how to deal with the checks and safe recruitment. For more information contact our DBS Coordinator on 01273 414981 or dbs@safety-net.org.uk, or see the DBS section of our website.

The Local Safeguarding Children’s Board

Every area is required by law to have a Local Safeguarding Children Board which makes sure that all local organisations and groups are working effectively to keep children safe. Safety Net’s Director, Terri Fletcher, is the elected representative for the Community and Voluntary Sector on the Brighton & Hove Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB).

Concerned about a child?

The Front door for Families  is the first point of contact for any safeguarding and child protection concerns in Brighton and Hove. The service provides support, guidance and access to specialist targeted services for parents, carers, members of the public, young people and professionals. They can be contacted on 01273 290400 or email FrontDoorforFamilies@brighton-hove.gcsx.gov.uk

If you are concerned about a child outside the Brighton and Hove area please check your local council or LSCB website for referral contacts.